Blinken: Judea and Samaria violence makes Israeli-Saudi peace ‘tougher, if not impossible’

Israel’s national security adviser has told JNS that Washington still believes that a landmark deal is achievable.

By JNS

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday that the recent violence in Judea and Samaria harms the prospects of expanding the Abraham Accords, the Trump administration-brokered agreements that normalized relations between the Jewish state and four Arab countries—the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan.

“We’ve told our friends and allies in Israel that if there’s a fire burning in their backyard, it’s going to be a lot tougher, if not impossible, to actually both deepen the existing agreements as well as to expand them to include potentially Saudi Arabia,” said Blinken.

“It’s also, at least in our judgment as Israel’s closest friend and ally, profoundly not in Israel’s interest for this to happen—both because of the added degree of difficulty that this presents for pursuing normalization agreements, or deepening them, but also because of the practical consequences,” he added.

“And I actually had this conversation just yesterday with my Israeli counterpart. It’s a conversation I’ve had with the prime minister on a number of occasions,” continued the top American diplomat, who spoke at an event hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

Blinken’s comments come on the heels of the announcement this week by Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen that Morocco had postponed the second gathering of the Negev Forum, a group formed to advance the Abraham Accords, over Jerusalem’s plan to build thousands of homes in Judea and Samaria.

Cohen nevertheless noted that the effort to expand the agreements remains strong, praising the passing on June 13 of a bipartisan bill by the U.S. House of Representatives requiring the State Department to establish an ambassador-level special envoy position for the Abraham Accords.

On Monday, the United States said it was “deeply troubled” by Israel’s approval of 5,700 new housing units in Judea and Samaria, with State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller calling the decision an “impediment to a negotiated two-state solution.”

The U.S. condemnation followed an announcement by the Biden administration that it would cut scientific and technological cooperation with Israeli institutions in Judea and Samaria, eastern Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.

In response, former U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, who helped forge the Abraham Accords, took to Twitter, writing: “Make no mistake. The United States, by this action, is embracing the BDS movement, violating a binding bilateral agreement with Israel, and creating a lose/lose dynamic whereby the people of the region—Israelis and Palestinians—will lose the most.”

The U.S.-Israel disagreements are playing out on the backdrop of a wave of deadly Palestinian terrorism, and recent vigilante violence by Israelis in Arab villages in Judea and Samaria.

Despite the unrest, Israeli National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi told JNS last week that Washington believes that a landmark diplomatic deal normalizing relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia is achievable.

Hanegbi said that “generally speaking” he was “optimistic” that it was possible to enlarge the circle of Arab countries that have normalized relations with Israel since the historic Abraham Accords were signed in 2020.

Hanegbi noted, however, that in the case of Riyadh the ball was not in Israel’s court.

“It’s up to them,” Hanegbi said. “We want normalization and peace, but they have their own demands of the Americans.”

Earlier this month, Blinken met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the Gulf kingdom.

In return for normalization, Riyadh reportedly wants American support for its civilian nuclear program, something Washington has long opposed, as well as a strong security pact with the United States.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called a deal with the Saudis a “quantum leap” for regional peace, which would effectively end the Arab-Israeli conflict.

The post Blinken: Judea and Samaria violence makes Israeli-Saudi peace ‘tougher, if not impossible’ appeared first on World Israel News.

Madonna Found Unresponsive, Hospitalized in ICU

This past Saturday, Madonna was found unconscious at a residence and urgently taken to a hospital in New York City, where she was intubated in the ICU overnight.

Her long-time manager, Guy Oseary, has reported that she suffered a serious bacterial infection which was the cause of her stay in the ICU. After being moved to a regular ward, her eldest daughter, Lourdes Leon, has been with her through the entire episode. The type of bacterial infection is unknown, however, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that 23,000 Americans pass away each year from various bacterial infections.

Her highly-anticipated “Celebration” tour, which was set to start on July 15th in Vancouver, has been postponed. Oseary has expressed that when a new start date and rescheduled details are available, they will be announced.

Madonna has been actively involved in recent months, attending her twin daughters’ elementary school graduation last Wednesday and spending Mother’s Day in New York City with all six of her children in May. Rumors have been buzzing that she was getting close to the 29-year-old singer Maluma during tour rehearsals last month; however, her current relationship status is obscure.

US ambassador admits he ‘screwed up’ by equating Israeli terror victims to slain terrorists

In an exclusive interview, the outgoing U.S. envoy says reports of a “less for less” deal with Iran are simply untrue.

By Ariel Kahana, JNS

The Biden administration has no objection to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s expected visit to China, according to outgoing U.S. Ambassador to Israel Tom Nides.

Speaking ahead of his departure in the summer, Nides rejected the claim that Israel-U.S. ties have weakened, saying they are “rock solid.” Nides also expressed regrets about his tweet on June 20, the day of a deadly terrorist attack near Eli, which appeared to compare the tragic murders to a recent Israeli military operation in Jenin.

Q: Netanyahu is expected to visit China and possibly meet President Xi Jinping before meeting President Joe Biden. What is your reaction?

A: We don’t tell leaders who they can and can’t be with. He’s a democratic leader. If he wants to go meet with President Xi, he can go meet with President Xi or not. We’re not telling people who they should not meet with.”

Q: What about a meeting with Biden? We are seven months into Netanyahu’s term, but he has yet to have received an invitation.

A: It will happen at some point, there’s no question about it. When it happens? I have no idea… The reality is, the president will make a decision, the prime minister will make a decision, on when they’ll get together. They know each other.

Q: Do you agree that this does not look good?

A: Again, President Isaac Herzog, the president of your country, is coming in July to speak to a joint session [of Congress], and he’ll meet the president for the 75th anniversary [of Israel’s founding].

Q: So the president will have met Herzog twice within 12 months, but not even once with the old-new prime minister?

A: President Biden has probably met with Bibi Netanyahu about 30 times. So I’m not worried about their relationship. I’m really not. I mean, there will be a meeting, they will meet in the White House. There’ll be a beautiful meeting. It’d be a beautiful conversation. I’m not worried about that.

But listen, as you all know, Israel is going through a lot of consternation right now. Judicial reform, and other things. Ultimately, I think everyone wants things to settle down a little bit so the visit doesn’t turn into a big, you know, rap about the current events, and we can focus on the big things.

One thing that Netanyahu has said over and over again, he wants to focus on the big things. Iran, normalization with Saudi Arabia. That’s what he wants to do. All this other stuff is, in my humble view, is a distraction. He has his hands on the wheel, as he’s told me millions of times, and he wants to focus on big things, and that’s what he should be focused on. And that’s what we want to focus on.

The new Iran deal

Nides, who is expected to complete his posting within several weeks, denied recent reports that Iran and the U.S. have reached “understandings” on the former’s nuclear program.

“There are no understandings. This is completely blown out of proportion. We’ve said this over and over again—there is no deal on the table. There is no ‘less-for-less’ deal. It doesn’t exist. I mean, would there be at some point, something that we can grab onto? Who knows? But there’s nothing. You’re not going to wake up tomorrow and read about it.

“By the way, Israel knows everything we have done and said. If you ask the Israelis, they know exactly what conversations we’ve had. But there is no deal. We’ve said this 100 times: There’s no deal. Ultimately, the president has made it very clear that he would love a diplomatic solution, or at least to slow the program down. That’s true. But there is no deal.

Contrary to the Obama administration, President Biden said when he took office that he would make sure Israel was never blindsided by the United States, said Nides.

“And I think we fulfilled that commitment to both Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, Prime Minister Yair Lapid and now Prime Minister Netanyahu. And I think they all understand that we’ll be totally transparent. Transparent that we’re not gonna let Iran get a nuclear weapon, that we obviously are going to try to do plenty of deterrence, which is what the Israelis want us to do, including joint exercises, doing the things that send strong messages. We’re doing all of that, which we said we’re going to do.”

Q: On the day of the Eli terrorist attack, you posted a tweet that essentially compared the murdered Israelis and terrorists killed by IDF soldiers during a raid in Jenin. After an hour you posted a correction. What happened there?

A: I screwed up. I had just returned from Los Angeles when I got word of the attack. I was shown a draft of a tweet and I signed off on it. But it was a stupid thing to do. Moments later, I saw that Bennett had tried to reach me. I asked him, “What happened?” and he said I had screwed up. And so I made sure to immediately issue another tweet [that included a clear condemnation of the terrorist attack]. In no way do I compare terrorists and those who are murdered by terror.

You know I have gone to many funerals and visited many bereaved families, including those beyond the Green Line, despite the opposition of those in Washington. I will not accept a situation in which I only visit two families of victims from a certain attack but do not go to the third victim’s family just 20 minutes from there just because they live across the Green Line. This tweet was the first time that I messed up like this.”

Originally published by Israel Hayom.

The post US ambassador admits he ‘screwed up’ by equating Israeli terror victims to slain terrorists appeared first on World Israel News.

Selected Articles: COVID Propaganda Roundup: ‘Self-Assembling Nanoparticles’ Developed for New Vaccines, EU Activates Vaccine Passport Regime

COVID Propaganda Roundup: ‘Self-Assembling Nanoparticles’ Developed for New Vaccines, EU Activates Vaccine Passport Regime

By Ben Bartee, June 28, 2023

A survey of the public health records in the UK has turned up the conclusion that many anecdotally adopted

The post Selected Articles: COVID Propaganda Roundup: ‘Self-Assembling Nanoparticles’ Developed for New Vaccines, EU Activates Vaccine Passport Regime appeared first on Global Research.

US Strangling China One More Time on Chips

All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name.

To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here.

Click the share button above to email/forward this article

The post US Strangling China One More Time on Chips appeared first on Global Research.

‘You’re exactly like the other Jews’: New BBC documentary exposes Kanye West’s antisemitic abuse of colleague

Tech entrepreneur who worked with Kanye West accuses the rapper of antisemitic abuse, claims West is deliberately leaning into anti-Jewish rhetoric to promote his presidential bid.

By The Algemeiner

The former business partner of hip hop mogul Kanye West has spoken out in a television documentary about the antisemitic abuse he endured from the rapper, who lost several lucrative sponsorship contracts last year after he sprayed his social media feeds with anti-Jewish invective.

Alex Klein, a tech entrepreneur who worked with West — who now goes by the moniker “Ye” — told a UK documentary broadcast by the BBC on Wednesday night that he had been on the receiving end of an antisemitic tirade shortly after the release of the rapper’s Feb 2022 album, “Donda 2.” The outburst resulted in Klein severing their partnership, which began in 2019.

“We turned down 10 million dollars. Kanye was very angry,” Klein said in the documentary titled “The Trouble with KanYe.”

“He was saying ‘I feel like I wanna smack you’ and ‘you’re exactly like the other Jews’ – almost relishing and reveling in how offensive he could be, using these phrases hoping to hurt me”.

Klein continued: “I asked him: ‘do you really think Jews are working together to hold you back?’ and he said ‘yes, yes I do.’”

Klein asserted that West’s promotion of antisemitism was a deliberate strategy tied to his determination to be elected to the White House

“He thinks it’s his manifest destiny, his god-chosen destiny to become president,” he said. “He used these anti-Jewish statements as part of a political platform and he told me that he was attempting to do what Trump did in a more intense way.”

He stressed the importance of the public acknowledging the seriousness of West’s antisemitic statements.

“The return of Kanye is inevitable and I think it’s important to shed light on the situation,” Klein said. “This demon in the box that he’s playing with for his own benefit is irresponsible. The conversation has become ‘oh, it’s his mental health’ and ‘oh, maybe a few Jewish people screwed him over’. It’s like: no. Kanye needs to be taken seriously.”

The journalist who produced the documentary, Mobeen Azhar, said his interest had been triggered by his appreciation of West’s music.

“Like many people, I have watched his politics shift and his views shift in recent years,” Azhar told BBC News Online. “And I’ve been kind of frustrated, angry, confused by a lot of the things that he’s put out there.”

The documentary also focused on the Cornerstone Church in Los Angeles, which West is using as a base for his 2024 presidential campaign. The church is also used by his friend and collaborator Nick Fuentes, a neo-Nazi Holocaust denier who accompanied West last November to a dinner with former US President Donald Trump at the latter’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

The post ‘You’re exactly like the other Jews’: New BBC documentary exposes Kanye West’s antisemitic abuse of colleague appeared first on World Israel News.

One of SMO’s best fighter jets changes strategic balance of power – military expert’s interview

“The Su-35S has been proven against advanced fighter jets such as the Su-27 and MiG-29 used by the AFU [Armed Forces of Ukraine]. It has been able to shoot down at least four enemy jets simultaneously. On the other hand, the F-22A’s only combat experience against aircraft has been those three unfortunate balloons it shot down over the United States in early February” – Major Irbis.